Maria Rosa- GrandmaWEB.jpg
Yam

Maria Rosa- GrandmaWEB.jpg

• Yam
My take for the Kit-Centric Challenge of 2024.
My Journal:
My Paternal Grandmother was quiet a pretty woman with a hard life. She was born in Buenos Aires, Argentina in 1882. Her parents died when she was very young. She came from a very rich, high society family. She even had an Argentinian President on her linage. Unfortunately, as many stories, her uncles took over her heritage and sent her far away to a convent. She married my grandpa Octavio Esteban that was an immigrant from Spain. In the beginning of the 1900, Argentina was a rich potent country. Everyone wanted to immigrate to here (The opposite of Argentina of today). I found documents of the born & death of their many kids, what it makes me so sad!
I can only imagine how much pain she had gone thru. In one year, with a few months away she lost 2 daughters.
At the end, she just had 3 children that survive to adulthood. One of them was my father. She was a hard
worker & was determinate to give her kids a possibility for a better life, so at the right time, she gathers all
the family and move them to the big city Buenos Aires, so her kids could go to good schools & the University.
She was a devoted Catholic woman. I remember her with a lot of love, she was gentle & good & caring to me.
I still didn’t find her Death Certificate, but I remember was after the assassination of President Kennedy
which we watch, at her house, astonished & sad. So, I am pretty sure she died in 1964, at 82 years old. She had
a big role in my childhood, I wish I had her for a longer time as I was just 8 years when she died.

All products from:
Ancestry Scrapbooking Bundle:
https://www.katiepertietdesigns.com/store/index.php/product/ancestry-scrapbooking-bundle/

TFL

Media information

Category
Kit-centric Challenge
Added by
Yam
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Image metadata